A list of podcasts I dig, and listen to regularly.
- Porpoise Crispy Podcast – from the Dallas area – music podcast.
- Japanese Passport – music podcast.
- Henry & Heidi – podcast by Henry Rollins and Heidi May.
- WTF with Marc Maron – good interviews
- The Mike V Show – podcast of pro skateboarder Mike Vallely
- The Watt from Pedro Show – music podcast by Mike Watt
- The Dana Gould Hour – comedy podcast
- Puzzling Evidence – sound collage kind of stuff from the world of the Subgenius
- The Hour of Slack – from the Church of the Subgenius
- Bill Burr’s Monday Morning Podcast – by comedian Bill Burr. Usually just Bill, talking.
- Mohr Stories – by comedian Jay Mohr – interviews and whatnot.
I find it a bit annoying that iTunes includes what are essentially recorded professional radio shows as “podcasts”. Some of them are really great stuff, but with a few exceptions I like real podcasts – the kind done by individuals that are a bit more DIY. If I want NPR, I’ll tune in NPR. You aren’t likely to hear any music that is the least bit challenging on NPR, but you will on a privately produced podcast by people who love good inventive new music. Some of the comedians are on podcast networks, which is a little on the glitzy side, but they are good.