While I occasionally bang on an electric guitar, last year I decided to experiment with making some electronic music. I’ve been a fan of Gary Numan, Kraftwerk, etc, for along time.
I have a lot of friends who are excellent musicians. Sometimes we get together and play, so I decided to get a stand to put my stuff on. I’m working on it. This is Phase 1 — a sheet of plywood on an inexpensive keyboard stand.
The instruments are, from left to right…
- Korg Kaossilator Pro – a synth and looper controlled by touchpad.
- Korg Kaoss Pad KP3 – effects processor, looper, and sampler, also controlled by touch pad.
- Akai MPD26 midi-based pad controller, running samples from my MacBook’s Ableton appliction.
- Trusty MacBook 13″ – 6 years old. Yikes!
- Korg Monotron Delay – sitting in front of my laptop.
I really haven’t figured out how to use the Akai too well yet, but a friend is coming over this weekend to give me a kickstart on it. After that I’ll be good to go.
I’ll be cutting some of the depth off the plywood, but keep it this wide. Paint it, apply dozens of skate stickers, and it’ll be good to go.